Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Via Vita :)

Firstly, I am going to profess my love for hole in the wall cafes. Something about their coziness and simplicity makes the place so intimidate and charming. They always have the kindest staff and very fresh tasting foods :)





Last week Aria, David, and I went to Via Vita. It's a very small and cozy French cafe in New Brunswick. They serve sandwiches, savory and sweet crepes, and a variety of coffees. The atmosphere was very romantic and comfortable.
I, of course started things right with an espresso!

I ordered the Frais Naturale. Which was a mozzarella, spinach, and artichoke crepe with a very fresh spinach salad...Did I enjoy it?

             the answer was yes! the crepe itself was crispy, light, and airy. The filling wasn't bombarded by cheese which I liked and it contained the perfect amount of warm spinach and artichoke. But the deliciousness wasn't quite finalized... 
 
 Everyone meet Kassandra. She's a crepe served with a single scoop of french vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, and strawberries. The outside does not compare to the inside. On the inside was sweet bananas, smothered in a generous amount of WARM nutella. I think I died and went to heaven while devouring this. Don't worry I shared!!! ;)
After Via Vita, we went to "The Closet." It's a consignment store with affordable clothing and accessories. I spotted an adorable maxi dress from Free People, but didn't take a picture... besides it was too big. I didn't really find anything of my liking that visit. So, we left and watched Cop Out. I fell asleep.. all was fuzzy that day and all I remember is the nutella and banana bliss.
-Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment